Thursday, December 8, 2011

Richfield High School Varsity Chorus Christmas



I found this record in the dollar bin at a record shop in Austin, Texas. It is a bit worn, but the music is well-recorded, and the performances (with the exception of a few wavering solos) are excellent. I donated the LP to the thrift shop after I grabbed these tracks, so I don't have a pic of the cover. Instead, I offer this random photo from the Internet.

In my day, most chorus teachers accompanied their students on piano, both in class and in performance, and this record captures the simple style of those performances.

This LP was ostensibly made just for the students of Richfield High School and their families. I performed some fancy digital editing to "Silver Bells," which originally ended with an awkward key change.


Silver Bells (digital edit)


O Tannenbaum


Carol of the Drum

No comments:

Post a Comment